Monday, June 11, 2012

Work Outfit in NYC



Hi, Happy Monday! 

The weather is getting warmer in NYC and I find myself having problems finding the right outfit for work. I can't dress too casually as I work in a corporate environment but I don't want to dress too conservatively.  I want something that is fun, polished and still looks professional. 

Here is a work appropriate outfit I put together for the summer.  

I love large tote bags which are roomy enough to carry all of my essentials such as my Ipad, my laptop, and my phone, makeup bag, wallet, sunglasses, etc.

For accessories, I prefer something simple.  I usually wear either a pair of tear drop earrings paired with a bangle, or a pair of stud earrings with a simple necklace.  I almost never wore tear drop earrings and necklace at the same time.  I think it's a bit too overwhelming for work. 

Neutral color pumps are so in these days.  They have the advantage of never going out of style.  They work well with nearly anything in my closet.  These beige color pumps are so versatile.  I can wear them with a cocktail dress, a navy blue shift dress for work, or jeans on the weekends. 



NYC Summer work outfit




Here is another collage I put together which is also in a neutral color scheme.  



NYC Summer Work Oufit 2





Please let me know what you think of this outfit.  It's my very first time putting  outfit collages together using Polyvore so please pardon my 'design' if it doesn't look as professional as the many talented Polyvore stylists out there (There are so many I admire.  I can spend hours browsing through their creations seriously).  

Here are some work outfit suggestions that I love:


one, two, three... about me!








DKNY Two-tone linen-blend dress
{source}

{source}



Thank you so much for visiting.  Please click 'Join this site' right over to the right if you like my blog.  See ya!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment